CNPS Membership for Individuals
Giving a gift membership? Simply put the recipient's information in the special instructions for seller box after adding the item to the cart.
Our native plants, and the land they depend on, need caretakers. That's what you can become when you to join the California Native Plant Society. CNPS membership also includes the benefits listed below along with the satisfaction that you are supporting efforts to protect our native plants and habits for generations to come.
What Do You Get When You Join CNPS?
- Affiliation with a local CNPS chapter
- Free subscription to Fremontia, a botanic journal, published two times a year
- Free subscription to Flora membership magazine, published 4 times a year
- Student, Limited Income, and Individual level memberships receive one membership card.
- Family, Plant Lover, Patron, Benefactor, and Mariposa Lily receive up to two membership cards.
- Access to statewide and chapter activities including plant sales, garden tours, wildflower shows, field trips, hikes, book sales, lectures, classes and more!
- Discounts on educational workshops
- Discounts from participating retail stores including nurseries, magazines, and many other stores. See our full list of partners.
CNPS is dedicated to increasing the understanding and appreciation of California's native plants, and to preserving them and their natural habitats for future generations. CNPS carries out its mission through science, conservation advocacy, education, and horticulture at the local, state, and federal levels.
Some of the activities your membership will support include:
- Monitoring rare and endangered plants and habitats
- Acting to save endangered areas through publicity, persuasion, and as an absolute last resort, legal action
- Serving as a science-based resource in public planning processes
- Supporting the establishment of native plant preserves
- Sponsoring workdays to remove invasive plants
- Educational activities including speaker programs, field trips, native plant sales, horticultural workshops, and demonstration gardens.
Additional levels are available for Organizations.To learn more please click the icon below.
We Also Recommend